Dublin Ireland Missionaries

Dublin Ireland Missionaries

Elder Hafen's Areas Served

Elder Hafen's Areas Served

Pictures

To see some of Elder Hafen's pictures, we have created slideshows at the bottom of his blog. I wish we had more, but he doesn't take very many pictures of himself. So, we hope you enjoy them, and thank you for supporting him. Enjoy :)

New Pictures

There are some new pictures in a slideshow posted at the bottom of the blog. Enjoy :)

Letter from Mission President

Letter from Mission President

April 5, 2010 - Letter

Published by Elder Brady Lee Hafen under on 5:15 AM
Hey you two sun bathers,

Well I’m very jealous of you two in the sun; I wish the sun knew how to get out into our sky. I have not seen the sun in a few days. The weather has been very wet and very cold. On Tuesday it was so wet we got soaked through; we had to come in and hang our suits up and let them try to dry out and then get re-dressed in other clothes. By the way, we were on exchanges in Colerain. All the locals make fun and call it cold rain and it was very cold rain. It was more sleet then rain. We also were not using the car because we where tracting which made it not needed. It started to get better but the sun has not showed its face yet. At least the rain/snow stopped.

Well Easter has proved to also be a great time just like my birthday, I have gotten so many treats and candy and all the works. One of the real popular things is to buy big chocolate eggs and you give them away to people you like, we got 4. It was cool to once again see how well liked we are here. General Conference was awesome, we got to see it all but the last session, I will wait till I get home for that one and read it. President Uchtdorf was my favorite on patience; it was way good. I would consider myself a patient person but I must not have been as a child cuz school was never my thing. But I can socialize with the best of them.

Well we have been working with a new guy this week named Michael. He is a class guy; he really wants to know about the church and what we believe. So far he believes the same things, which really has been helpful. Like prayers, even though he grew up catholic; and the spirit world was another. He struggles reading due to he has dyslexia a real issue so he had his wife get online and download The Book of Mormon so he can listen to it; he is loving it- he can’t wait to find out what happens to Nephi next and really shows signs of progress. He came to conference and liked that; so he is doing very well. He has a pretty large family by what we have been told; but so far he has only refereed to 4 sisters. They have wee ones also, but I have not seen them. His wife has not been interested, at least she says, but we have caught her listening to The Book of Mormon also. She also said she wanted to come to conference to see what it was all about. She didn’t but we will get her. As they say; curiosity kills the cat, or in her case gets converted.

Well I’m going to cut this short because Jake has to use this computer also and I will be home soon enough. Janice is well also, we have had to push back her baptism date so I will not be here but that's okay.

I love you all very much, enjoy the cruise!

Much love,

Brady

0 comments:

Post a Comment